Terms & Conditions
Welcome to MY Bath & Body Works loyalty program(" My Bath & Body Works or the "Program"). These Terms and conditions ("Terms") contain important information about your rights and obligatons. Bath & Body Works may modify, add or delete any of these Terms, benefits or Rewards, in whole or in part, at any time, even though such changes may affect the value of Eligible Purchase spend already accumulated and/or the time for redemption. Participating in the Program means you are bound by these Terms.
1. General Information; Definitions; Changes:
- Participation in the Program and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Bath & Body Works Brand Management, Inc., Bath & Body Works Direct, Inc., or their affiliates or assignees ("Bath & Body Works"). All Program Terms apply to My Bath & Body Works membership, earning Rewards, Reward redemption, and benefits. Other restrictions may apply. BATH & BODY WORKS MAY CHANGE ANY AND ALL ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM, SPECIAL PROMOTIONS, AND THESE TERMS, OR OTHERWISE END THE PROGRAM, AT ANY TIME.
- The Program allows you to earn Rewards on the dollars you spend as described in Section 3 below, by presenting your Bath & Body Works Mobile Application ("App") for in-store purchases or by signing in to your account or using the email tied to your account for purchases made online at www.bathanbodyworks.com (the "Website").
- In these Program Terms, "Participant", "Member", "you", and "your" mean the loyalty Account holder. "Account" means your My Bath & Body Works loyalty program account. "We", "our", "ours", and "us" mean "Bath & Body Works". "Eligible Purchase" spend means the credit you accrue or earn to apply to your next Reward, as detailed in Section 3 of the Program Terms ("Earning Rewards"). These Program Terms contain the entire understanding between you and Bath & Body Works regarding the Program.
- Your Account and Membership are personal to you. You may not transfer to others your Account or Membership in the Program, or any benefit of any kind, including without limitation Eligible Purchase spend and Rewards.
2. Eligibility and Enrollment:
- Membership in My Bath & Body Works and App download is only open to residents of the United States residing in the Los Angeles and Chicago areas. Members must have both billing and shipping addresses in one of the Zip Codes listed here to be eligible.
- Members must be at least sixteen (16) years old and have reached the age of majority in their state or territory of residence at the time of entry. Commercial customers are not eligible for membership.
- At this time, Program registration is only available through the App. The App is available to download on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store via iPhone and Android smartphone devices. To enroll in the program, a customer must provide their first name, last name, email address, phone number, zip code, and other information, as indicated. Members should choose a username and password different than names, birthdays, or street addresses they are associated with. Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their Loyalty Account and password and for restricting access to their mobile device.
- Membership is nontransferable and subject to present and future Program Terms. Bath & Body Works reserves the right in its sole discretion to approve, deny, or revoke any aspect of Participation in the Program to any individual for any reason whatsoever. This includes, without limitation, the right to cancel your Participation or suspend accrued Eligible Purchase spend or Rewards. Without limiting the foregoing, Bath & Body Works will revoke Participation in the Program (including all benefits) for evidence of fraud, abuse of privileges, violation of these Terms, transfer of Program benefits, or multiple Accounts by an individual. "Participation" includes Rewards earning and redemptions, and any other benefits associated with the Program. Enrollment becomes effective, and acceptance of these Terms begins when you enroll in the Program. Purchases made within seven days of enrollment and after enrollment qualify as Eligible Purchase spend towards Rewards.
- The Program is intended for personal use only. You are limited to one Account. Commercial use is prohibited.
3. Earning Rewards:
- You will earn credit towards your next Reward for every $1.00 of Eligible Purchase. "Eligible Purchases" are the actual amount paid on any purchases of goods and/or services made by you after any applicable discounts are applied, excluding shipping and handling fees, applicable taxes, gift card purchases, gift wrap, and gift-wrap fees.
- In addition, credit is not earned on purchases made more than 7 days prior to joining, international purchases, unauthorized or fraudulent purchases, or purchases made by or for a business or for a business purpose.
- Members will need to accrue the amount specified to earn a Reward. This amount will be specified in the details section of the App.
- Members must identify themselves at the time of transaction to count as an Eligible Purchase towards earning a Reward. Online, Members must be signed into their bathandbodyworks.com Account. In Store, Members must open their App and display their App loyalty barcode. In some states, Members may also be able to provide the phone number or email address associated with their account to earn.
- There is no limit to the number of Rewards that can be earned or active at one time.
- We reserve the right to verify and adjust Eligible Purchase spend at any time prior to or following posting or redemption. There is no maximum amount of Eligible Purchase spend that may be earned.
- Eligible Purchase spend and Rewards are the property of Bath & Body Works. Eligible Purchase spend and Rewards are not transferable and may not be combined or conveyed by any means to anyone, including through a Member's estate, and may not pass to a Member's successors and assigns. Accrued Eligible Purchase spend is not transferable by the Member (i) upon death, (ii) as part of domestic relations proceedings, or (iii) otherwise.
- The amount earned toward your next Reward will be reflected in your balance within 72 hours of an in-store transaction or once an online order has a Shipped status.
- Returns: Returns will be deducted from Eligible Purchase spend towards earning a Reward. Credit towards a Reward awarded for purchases that are returned or refunded or otherwise adjusted will be deducted accordingly. Such deductions may result in a negative balance, in which case, any subsequent credit you earn will be applied to reduce that negative balance. With a receipt, an item acquired through Reward redemption may be exchanged for another item meeting the eligibility criteria for Reward redemption. All other returns and exchanges (including items acquired through Reward redemption) will be governed in adherence with the Bath & Body Works Return Policy.
4. Redeeming Rewards
- Products eligible for reward redemption must each have a regular retail unit price equal to or under $16.50. This means, for example, 3-wick candles and some candle accessories, perfumes, colognes, gift sets, and skin care products with a regular retail unit price above $16.50 are not eligible.
- Each Reward may be redeemed for only one item and will be applied to the most expensive eligible product in the transaction.
- Members must identify themselves at the time of transaction to redeem. Online, Members must be signed into their bathandbodyworks.com Account. In Store, Members must open their App and display their redemption code or, if available in the state, provide the phone number or email associated with their account to redeem.
- Rewards are valid for 90 days from date issued. Expired Rewards will not be replaced.
- Rewards are single use only.
- Rewards may be combined with a maximum of one other available promotional offer or code, or coupon.
- Up to eight Rewards may be applied per transaction.
- Reward details are subject to change without notice.
- Rewards will not be re-issued after use.
- Rewards have no cash value.
- Members may be notified of additional eligible and ineligible products at the point of redemption in store.
5. Special Offers- Special Offers may be available to Members from time to time at Bath & Body Works' discretion. Terms and conditions are outlined in the Offer Details and are subject to change without notice.
6. Expiration of Accrued Eligible Purchase Spend:
- Accrued Eligible Purchase spend expires twelve (12) months from the date it is earned or if your account is inactive (i.e., no purchases made) for twelve (12) consecutive months. Once Accrued Eligible Purchase spend expires, it may not be redeemed.
- Without diminishing any other rights that are reserved, we reserve the right to terminate any unused or unexpired Accrued Eligible Purchase spend in the event you transfer or attempt to transfer Accrued Eligible Purchase, sell or attempt to sell Accrued Eligible Purchase, or violate any provisions set forth in these terms.
We may email you regarding any matter related to the Program. These Program emails will be in addition to general marketing emails that you receive about Bath & Body Works products (should the Member be otherwise signed up to receive marketing emails). Even if a Member opts out of marketing materials, if the Account remains active, the Member will continue to receive relationship/operational emails related to the Program unless the Account is cancelled or otherwise terminated. E-receipts are neither marketing nor emails related to the Program, but merely confirmations of purchases. Individuals do not need to cancel their Account in order to opt out of marketing; rather, individuals may simply follow the unsubscribe link provided in each marketing email.
In addition, depending on your preferences, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
8. Program Activity and Customer Service:
You can view your Program activity through your App. For any questions regarding the Program, you can also call 1-800-869-0158 or email us at email@example.com.
In the event you believe that a purchase should have resulted in the addition of Eligible Purchase spend to your balance, and such Eligible Purchase spend is not reflected in your balance within 72 hours of your purchase or an online purchase has shipped, please contact customer service at 1-800-869-0158. We reserve the right to make the final decision on whether any purchase qualifies for Eligible Purchase spend and the amount earned for any purchase.
We can delay enforcing our rights under these Program Terms without losing them. In addition, our failure to exercise our rights on any one occasion, or even on more than one occasion, does not constitute a waiver of our rights for any future occasion. All waivers must be in writing.
By participating in the Program through the App or Website you are also agreeing to the Website Terms and Conditions, which govern your use of the website and mobile app. In the event that any Website or App Terms and Conditions conflict with these Program Terms, the Program Terms will control.
11. No Warranties and Your Responsibilities:
We make no warranty, express or implied, including but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Program, membership in the Program, or any products or services related to the Program.
Bath & Body Works is not responsible for any lost, stolen, expired, damaged, or otherwise misdirected communications, Eligible Purchase spend or Rewards due to change of address or for any other reason. Eligible Purchase spend or Rewards will not be reissued. You are solely responsible for updating any changes to your contact and Account information.
12. Intellectual Property:
All title and intellectual property rights in and to any content that is accessed, viewed, streamed, or downloaded from the App or our Website remains the sole and exclusive property of Bath & Body Works or its licensor, and use of such content is subject to the restrictions imposed by these Terms as well as applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Content may not be used in a manner that exceeds the specific rights granted and individuals are strictly prohibited from copying, modifying, selling, re-licensing or distributing content. Members agree that they will not circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any technology or methods used by Bath & Body Works or its licensors to prevent the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of content accessible via the Program.
You are solely liable for any applicable federal, state or local income, sales, use, or other taxes arising out of the accrual or use of Rewards. Consult your tax advisor concerning any tax consequences that may arise from your participation in the Program.
If a court of competent jurisdiction or any government agency determines that any provision of these Program Terms is void or unenforceable, that provision will continue to be enforceable to the extent permitted by that court or agency, and the remainder of that provision will no longer be considered as part of these Program Terms. However, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
15. Limited Time to File Claims:
If you want to assert a dispute against Bath & Body Works, then you must commence it within the applicable statute of limitations after the dispute arises, or it will be forever barred. "Commencing" means filing for arbitration with the AAA as set forth in the "Binding Arbitration" section of these Terms.
16. Binding Arbitration:
ANY DISPUTE THAT CANNOT FIRST BE RESOLVED THROUGH INFORMAL METHODS WILL BE SUBMITTED TO BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION ("AAA") then in effect (the "Rules"), except as modified herein. The arbitration will be administered by the AAA. Claims or disputes that fall within the scope of the small claims court's limited jurisdiction may, however, be submitted to such court. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, EACH PARTY IS GIVING UP ITS RIGHT TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD BY A JUDGE OR JURY. If an in-person arbitration hearing is required, then it will be conducted in Columbus, Ohio, United States. You and Bath & Body Works will pay the administrative and arbitrator's fees and other costs in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules; but if the applicable arbitration rules or laws require Bath & Body Works to pay a greater portion or all of such fees and costs in order for this arbitration provision to be enforceable, then Bath & Body Works will have the right to elect to pay the fees and costs and proceed to arbitration. The arbitrator will apply and be bound by these Terms, and will determine any dispute according to applicable law and facts based upon the record and no other basis. After the hearing, the arbitrator(s) will decide the dispute and render a written decision setting forth the issues adjudicated, the resolution thereof and the reasons for the award. Any decision rendered in such arbitration proceedings will be final and binding on the parties, and judgment may be entered thereon in the federal or state courts located in Columbus, Ohio, United States. The Federal Arbitration Act ("FAA") will apply to the dispute and will govern whether the dispute is subject to arbitration, including the No Class Action Matters section below. You can obtain AAA procedures, rules and fee information as follows: AAA: 800.778.7879, http://www.ADR.org. This section survives the termination of the Program.
17. No Class Action Matters:
Disputes hereunder will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be joined or consolidated with any other arbitration or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. THIS MEANS YOU AND BATH & BODY WORKS AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS REGARDING SUCH DISPUTES AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR AS AN ASSOCIATION. There will be no right or authority for any dispute to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on any basis involving disputes brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, or other persons or entities similarly situated. But if, for any reason, any court with competent jurisdiction holds that this restriction regarding arbitration on a class action basis is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the dispute must be brought exclusively in a State or Federal court located in Columbus, Ohio as set forth above. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, any and all issues relating to the scope, interpretation and enforceability of the class action waiver provisions contained herein (described in this "No Class Action Matters" section), are to be decided only by a federal or state court located in Columbus, Ohio, and not by the arbitrator. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these class action waiver provisions. This section survives the termination of the Program.
18. Prior Terms:
These Terms supersede all previously published Terms in their entirety as of the effective date noted below.